Friday 7 August 2015

Book Review | The Infernal Devices 1: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare



I had been out of the reading game for a few years before I was lured back into it by the book bloggers and book tubers. The Mortal Instruments were some of the first books I started to read after my three year stint of not reading at all. Now I have a kindle bursting with books and a book shelf with no space on it. 
Blurb: The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...

Review: I have to say I was a little blown away by this book. Normally I am a little dubious about books written in the same worlds as others but not connected with the original characters, but just like POTC (Pirates of the Caribbean) even without the main cast it still rocks. 

We start of with Tessa getting an invitation to London to see her brother, but instead of the two sisters delivering her to her brother she ends up being kidnapped and saved. Of course her saviours are Shadowhunters and thus the story begins. I love that it still keeps all the action and magic from the first series but tells a whole other story. 

The background we are getting about Will is just great and if you haven't read The Mortal Instruments Series I would recommend reading them before picking up this one. Although we see a few familiar characters in this book I am all too curious about Jem - I need to know more. 

The story itself was wonderful. It keeps you entertained throughout and makes you need to know more. 

Rating: 4/5 Stars
Comment: If you're a fan of shadow hunters you'll thoroughly enjoy this book!
Links: Amazon UK Kindle | Goodreads | Twitter 
Note: Image and Blurb from goodreads.com



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig