Monday 4 May 2015

The Little Things



"I'm not that special" he said to me as I stood up. 

I smiled at him as I turned away and walked out the room singing to myself quietly, "you are to me."

I'm not sure if he notices the way I look at him, or how I try and get as close as possible to him when we are sleeping but I think this one just might be exactly what I'm looking for. 

I was single for the best part of 2-3 years, and I hated it. I hated it so much I decided I needed something to fill up the time I had saved to spend with a significant other so I started blogging. 

I loved it so much I decided to start writing my book again. Never thinking I'd get very far with it seeing as I started it in college and honestly I don't have a lot of self confidence in anything I do. 

I had met him around the time I broke up with my last boyfriend (who didn't last very long - pretty sure he cheated too) and we hit it off as friends. 

We stopped talking for a while as he was going through a tough time at work (not that he told me) and became very needy so for about three months we didn't even say a word to each other. 

My mother mentioned to me that he was in Portugal and that I should try and rekindle the friendship because - let's face it - he was an excellent to me. 

I never thought I'd ever be with someone who treats me right but you know what, he does. 

I now believe in love again. 

There is someone out there for everyone and I guess the point of me writing this post after speaking so much about a previous guy is to show that pain leaves over time. 

You find the things you need in places you would never think to look and you'll never look back.  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig