Saturday 18 April 2015

Writing Update | I'm Taking A Break...


Sometimes the need for a break is so large you crumble under the pressure to write. Words get lost and hard to find and what you do write never seems good enough.

This post is for me more than any of my readers. I wanted people to know I wasn't taking a break because I don't want to write, I'm taking a break because I have too much to write. 

When I started my blog, I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do. I still don't, and most of it is a random mix of anything I can think of. For the past year I have attempted to write 5 blog posts a week, I even scheduled them two months in advance! I was on fire. 

I decided I loved writing so much I would get back into writing my books. In a year Novel One had gone from 4,000 words to 60,000 and I wrote 32,000 words of Novel 2 in two weeks. I was please with myself. 

I changed jobs and started working longer hours, I now go to the gym, and I'm trying to rekindle some friendships that got lost in my writing haze. I'm not being a social butterfly and being out every night but once or twice a week to see someone would be good. And nice.

So I've come to the decision to take a blogging break.

This does not mean I am stopping blogging completely. 


It means I've decided to put all my focus into writing my books, seeing my boyfriend and hanging out with the girls while working full time and going to the gym three times a week. It means if I get inspiration to write a blog post I will. It means there wont be five blog posts a week, or even a month. 

I want to write my books and I can't do that while stressing about pre-scheduling blog posts.

There are still loads of ideas in my list that I want to write, and when I get a spare minute I'll write them all out for you. 

So I hope you all stick with me and don't think I'm leaving for good.

I will be back, I just don't know when.

In the mean time you can always read posts that you haven't before - I know you haven't read them all! 

Ciao for now Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig