Thursday 16 April 2015

Book Review | Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott


Finding books you bought months ago and finding them to be extremely exciting is one of my favourite things. I bought this book almost a year ago when I decided to bring books into my blog and I finished reading it recently. My mind was blown and my heart pumped blood a little too fast around my body but this book was not being put down. 


Although this book had a slight Hunger Games feel to it, I loved it. 


The beginning consumes your thoughts as you learn of Tella, her family and her dying brother. Her parents try and hide her invitation to the Brimstone Bleed. A tournament where the winner receives a cure for any illness. Naturally her thoughts turn to her brother and she runs away to participate.

The beginning of this competition gets confusing as she has no ideas what to expect and by the end of it she has friends, a companion and a love interest. 

The end of the book ends at the second section of the competition, which has four. I cannot wait to get my mind stuck into Salt & Stone which is the second instalment. I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

Fast paced, action filled drama with a bit of romance thrown in. The Hunger Games vamped up. Get your hands on this beauty of a book!

Have you already read it?
Let me know your thoughts!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig