Friday 19 December 2014

BLOGMAS: Hey It's Okay... I Suffer With My Stomach Too


Everyone has suffered with it, and it's a very comment ailment that honestly can be cured pretty simply. Originally I thought it was what I ate or something hereditary as my father suffers with serious bad stomachs but the doctor told him it wasn't and so it all came back to me. 

IBS comes in different forms and anyone can suffer with it. It can be stress related, food related or even just life related. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that has triggered it but sometimes people suffer with it and don't do anything to help them control it

I'm not saying that I have severe IBS, but I do get it mildly. Sometimes it's not the easiest thing to live with and can be very embarrassing but trust me when I say no-one notices how you are feeling so don't worry too much about! Most of them will understand too!

Luckily we do not live in a time where we would have to just suffer with it and so I wanted to share some of the items that I use when it comes on and I just don't know what to do.

As I get different levels of it, sometimes I could just get stomach cramps and others I get the full whack of it, I have numerous medication in my bathroom for these types of things. I even keep some in my handbag in case I am ever caught short. 

Stomach Cramps; I tend to get these more frequently than anything else and I use various methods to help. If I am at home I try to avoid and medication and go straight for a hot water bottle. Normally this helps but I know it doesn't always! If it doesn't work, or I am out at work, or shopping or having a meal with a friend I will take Buscopan. Buscopan comes in two forms; one specifically for IBS and one for stomach cramps. These only take about 15 minutes to digest for me and it releases the cramps amazingly well and allows me to carry on with my day. I personally never need more than one.

The other things I use are Pepto-Bismol, this works for all symptoms associated with the bowls and is an absolute godsend. I only found this a couple of months ago but honestly it is brilliant. It even works after you've been sick and vomited or have heart burn. 

Of course before Pepto-Bismol existed when there were times I got caught short Immodium is my best friend. 

If you have ever worried about it or get embarrassed - now is the time to stop. It's a very common ailment that one in five people suffer with so more than likely the person you talk to suffers from it too. Just remember it's nothing to worry about and there are ways it can be dealt with in situations where you are just not comfortable.

Have you ever suffered with it?
What do you use for it? Let me know in the comments!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig