Wednesday 24 December 2014

BLOGMAS: A Little Love



The Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; 
and wisdom to know the difference. 
Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; 
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen. - See more at: http://www.allaboutprayer.org/serenity-prayer.htm#sthash.9JN5VX5O.dpuf



There was a time in my life where I freaked out, in a way I still am freaking out, life is cruel and unfair, but it’s also rewarding and full of opportunity. I still don’t know what I want to do, which direction to take or even whether it’s going to be right but I’m young and I’ll figure it out, eventually. 

While I was going through the stage of my life a friend of mine sent me a picture with this prayer on it and honestly it’s the only thing related to religion I have ever been passionate about. It made me believe in myself.

I am not a religious person, but I don’t hate or condone religion either. While I believe everyone has the right to believe, or not believe, in anything they want I also believe they shouldn’t shove it down people throats – it’s not nice and everyone is entitled to their opinion, within reason. 

However, this prayer really did speak to me. It was like waking up and smelling coffee. Okay, maybe not the bits about surrendering to his will but the bits about finding courage to change things that you can and to live and enjoy life one moment at a time. Those are the bits that hit me. 

Too often I have found myself whining about things I want to change and then not changing them. Why? Because sometimes life itself gets in the way and we feel drained or we are too busy. No. those are excuses and if you aren’t willing to find a solution then that’s all you’ll ever have. That’s something my mother taught me. 

Stop making excuses and find a solution – tweet it!

If you want to change something you’ll do it, even if you hate it to start with, if you want to change it that much you will do something about it. I mean, let’s be honest here people, who ever got anything by sitting on their bums doing nothing? No-one! That’s who. You’re never going to get anywhere without a little work. While it may take time to figure out what you want to do, or need to go in order to do the things you want to do.

You want to be healthy and work out? Eat less “bad foods” and do a little exercise. Start off small and work up.
You want to progress in your work and hobbies? Why not find a course that helps with that, I did. 

If it help write down all the things you like or want to do and see which ones you’re more likely to do or the ones you want to do most and start there. That doesn’t mean you won’t do them all but things, unfortunately, take time. Time is our friend and our enemy, a healer and a worrier, but it’ll be worth it in the end if you make it. 

So accept things you can’t change, and change those you can.
Stop making excuses of why you can’t and find solutions so you can.
Live one day at a time, and enjoy the moments worth enjoying.
And trust.
Trust yourself to know the right decisions for yourself.

Believe in yourself and you can do anything you want to. Remember you rule your own life so let go of things that make you unhappy. 

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig