Thursday 11 December 2014

BLOGMAS: Disqus Commenting System | An Apology




Normally I’m not one for apologising on my blog. I don’t think bloggers/vloggers/youtubers should ever apologise for not posting or feeling unwell or their internet uploading slowly. It’s just not something that should be apologised for, in my opinion, and yet today here I am with an apology of my own.

It’s not because I won’t be posting or posts will be slower – it’s nothing like that but it is something I am not happy about and therefore I’m going to set up another little thing I do, and tell you all so you’re not disappointed. If you read and comment on my blog that is.

Ever since Megan from Thumbellina Lillie wrote a blog post about Disqus I loved the idea and honestly it’s been incredible not to have e-mails when I reply to comments on my blog posts – no matter how far and few between they are. The concept is brilliant and the thought of having everything in one place and a commenting platform that works how I want it to is amazing. Except it doesn’t.

Today I logged onto my blog as a reader not a moderator and scrolled through it while I was at work. I wanted to check which posts had been up, as I write them all in advance, and see what people were saying. To my horror I did have some comments. Having comments isn’t the horror but I didn’t know these lovely people had commented on my posts – which was horrible because I like replying to people who take the time to comment and in these cases I hadn’t. I felt like a bad blogger and it did get me down a little, which is why I’m writing this post.

I have decided I am going to dedicate Thursday evenings to replying to comments. So no matter when you comment I will reply on the Thursday after. I’ll log on around 6 in the evening when my new post goes up and I will reply to any comments that have been left and I won’t feel you are getting annoyed with me about not replying on a Tuesday.

I am sorry this has happened and I do love the Disqus commenting system but for some reason it just isn’t working at the moment. I will get this sorted but until then Thursdays will be my commenting day!

The book review which would have normally been posted today will be up next week, so you’ll have two!

Hope you’re all having a wonderful week, if not just remember it’s nearly the weekend! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig