Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hey It's Okay... Relationship Virgins


Taking my inspiration from Cosmopolitans magazine and this article, I’ve come to the conclusion I am a relationship virgin. 

I wouldn’t know what a date was if it came and slapped me in the face. Sometimes I think a planned event with someone I quite fancy is a date, sometimes I have no idea cause it was only to the cinema. Is the Cinema a date? Do you have to formaly say it is one before it is?

Clueless. That’s me. 

 
Of course I am only 22 so there is plenty of time to go out a look for love, but I have no idea what I’m looking for. Sure I know I want to get married and have kids etc., but I don’t know what I want and so I focus on my writing and doing things I want to be because being single means not worrying about another person.

It’s easy.

But do I want easy for the rest of my life? Certainly not.

Sure, sometimes I revel in my aloneness. I wear sweatpants all day around the house, I don’t worry about my make-up situation and I certainly don’t worry about shaving my legs (unless it’s summer) but then there are those nights where I’m all snuggled up watching a film on Netflix and I twang one of my heart strings thinking about snuggling someone. But where do I start?

Being a relationship virgin basically means you’ve had hook-ups, or not. You’re not necessarily a sexual virgin but you’ve never had a long lasting relationship, so all you people who have had a relationship for x amount of years, sorry you’re not in the club. 

Most relationship virgins, like me, although they want a romantic relationship they have put them on hold because their super-busy social and work life’s just don’t allow the time. I often find myself saying I wish I could skip the dating and go straight to the comfortable living together arrangements. Alas, you can’t have one without the other so I just don’t bother. 

I want to be independent and live on my own but in this day and age that means living with my parents because having my own space is just too expensive, so again I just focus on my career and earning more money to allow me to pay for rent and things. 

If you need more clarification this post on Elite Daily is awesome and you should definitely check it out.

I’d also like you to remember that’s it’s okay, it’s normal and love cannot be rushed. It’ll come when your life and time allow for it because it is right not because it is something you want to happen. 

Go enjoy yourself!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig