Sunday 4 May 2014

Brand Focus | Revlon Colourstay ShadowLinks




You'll have to excuse my bad lighting in the photos but this week I spent far too much money, again, in Boots and all on Revlon products. However I'm only going to focus on one item for this post. Recently I have been searching for the perfect daily eye colour, I've tried numerous palettes and combo's of colours but I have been unable to find the perfect shades.

Mostly I will try and subtly match the colour of my eyeshadow to the colours that I'm wearing, but when I go to work I would just like an everyday pop that isn't too in your face. Since these cute little single slot together you are able to combine the shades you like into handy little palettes. 

I decided to make myself two pallets, one for the outfit I bought in next (post to follow next week) for bank holiday Monday as I'm going out with the family. They seem to have two sets of shadows - satin and pearls. I picked up three each but mix and matched them to create my trios. 


In this palette, which I am looking to use for my everyday, I have two satins and one pearl shadow. From left to right I have Petal (Satin), Candy (Pearl) and Colbat (Satin). I loved these colours and although candy looks like a vivid pink, it's not that pigmented which means it'll be perfect for me to use as an everyday basis. I also chose pinkish colours because I already have two neutral palettes and wanted a subtle hint of colour. 

Here's the swatches; again sorry for the shoddy camera work, had to use my phone!



Then I chose three other colours, mainly because I fell in love with it and secondly because it matched my new jeans which was an added bonus. 


So these first two shades are beautiful and I couldn't not pick them up; the mint green is Seafoam (Satin) and the blue is Peacock (Pearl). These two just captivated me and I fell in love instantly. 
Then I thought I needed a colour to blend in and smoke it out;
Onyx (Pearl)


One bad point I will say, is be careful when you open these. If you hadn't noticed already there's a chunk missing from my onyx shadow link. This is because when I opened it, it was very difficult and I ended up shoving my nail into the top of it. This is also how I found out these are very pigmented. Black is very hard to rub off.

Swatches:

Have you bought any of them? If so, what colours?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig