Sunday 11 May 2014

TV | My thoughts: Eurovision



Last night was probably one of the best nights of the year. I absolutely love Eurovision. A lot of people do not like this show, I've even been called a loser for watching it, but my friend and I watched it all last night and we took notes on the songs and the dress of all the acts. Also Graham Nortons comments are possibly the best part of the show, I do miss Terry Wogan though. 



Ukraine; Tick Tock - Mariya Yaremchuk: I still don't understand what the guy in the Hamster wheel was all bout? Do you? Her dress was beautiful and suited her figure perfectly the thing that let her down on the appearance front was her hair as it looked matted and horrible. Mariya herself is a stunning woman. I found the sing was very catchy and had good music but she couldn't hit some of the high notes. I really liked the chorus, but I found I couldn't understand most of the words. 



Belarus; Cheesecake - Teo: Good spanish feeling music, very catchy and easy to bop too. Again, I didn't understand what the song was about or some of the words. They did some kind of 90's synchronised dancing. I haven't quite decided if I like it or not. However, they all looked very smart in their suits. There was also some kind of sexual noise at the end. 



Azerbaijan; Star A Fire - Diara Kazmova: This lades dress was absolutely incredible. I wish I had some fancy ball to go to because that's the kind of dress I would wear! The red complemented her skin tone wonderfully and I loved the way at the top of the dress went from a lace lookalike to full colour. Again, this act had some random side act, this one being a lady on the trapeze. As good as she was on it, I don't see the relevance. She sang her song very well. 



Iceland; No Prejudice - Pollapink: Graham Nortons comment on this act was "they're dressed like the teletubbies" which of course made me laugh, but it is kind of true as they all wear their own colour. I did enjoy this song, but I think I enjoyed it for the pure idiocy of it. Music was very easy to bop along too as well.  In the middle section or "the bridge" they did this little side step with their guitars which was quite synchronised. 



Norway; Silent Storm - Carl Epsen: This disappointed my friend and I because we thought he would sing a more kind of rocky song rather than a slow one. He does have a good voice however it was slightly quiet on my tv so again I couldnt understand some of the song. There was no diction and it was a little depressing but he did sing it with lots of emotion which you could see. He was dressed smartly but it was a smart casual appearance. 



Romania; Miracle - Paula Seling & OVI: My friends first comment on this lady was that she looked like an ugly Kardashian, I'll let you make your own judgement on that. There were a lot of awkward and random hand movements but I didn't quite understand what they were for. Also the circular piano is cool but pointless as only half of it is used. The music would be quite good for a night out in a club.



Armenia; Not Alone - Aram MP3: I do not know how this guy got so many points. I did not like this song. He looks like a dead version of Dr Frankenstein and his voice was extremely scrapy. 



Montenegro; Moj Svijet - Sergey: This act had some background action as well. He had a rollerblader/iceskater lady in the background, not sure why but they did some funky lighting on the floor for her. He sang in his own language which was nice, even though I couldnt understand it was nice to hear. He was the first person I felt looked genuinely happy to be on that stage and his velvet suit made him look very dapper. The music was also very easy listening. 



Poland; We Are Slavic - : I don't even know what this was on stage, it was kind of like a rap with an element of sexuality... here's the youtube link for you to see for yourself by clicking here. 



Greece; Rise Up - Freaky Fortune feat.Risky Kidd: This was like music you would get on holiday as it's like a club dance tune. There was also some awesome trampolining in the end. 



Austria; Rise Like A Phoenix - Conchita Wurst aka. The Bearded Lady: As soon as this started I said to my friend that this sounded like a Bond song. She sang this beautifully and definitely deserved to win it this year. Her hair, eyes and teeth were all perfect. The only thing I will say is that her dress colour washes her out a little bit, it would have looked better in navy or deep red. 



Germany; Is It Right? Elazia: Graham Norton suggests no and I absolutely agree with him! They sounded like street performers. 



Sweden; Undo Sanna Nielsen: Was nice to actually be able to understand her. Her voice trembles a bit on her high notes on the word Undo. She's also a very stunning woman.



France; Moustache - Twin Twin: I have no words for this so again here is a video. Click here.



Russia; Shine - Tomlechevvy Sisters: Didn't understand the point in the interlocking hair. The sea-saw was pretty cool but they weren't exceptional. Did kind of feel bad as they got boo'd a lot! They wore what looks like to me Kimonos and corsets. 



Italy; La Mitta Città - Emma: Oddly they are dressed as greek gods, which was odd to me. I didn't like this song as they seemed to shout not sing. 



Slovenia; Round and Round - Tinkara: She is dressed is a very nice royal blue dress which looks like something a Victorian Queen would wear, or if your a fan of Once Upon A Time one of the dresses Regina wears. She even plays the flute which is quite interesting. 



Finland; Something Better - Softengine: 90's boy band again. Nice background music probably for when you have people round before going out after. Not sure I liked his silverfish suit though. 


Spain; Dancing In The Rain - Ruth Lorenzo: Easy listening song. Nice dress but again not the right colour and it gave no definition to the waist. It blended into the white lights in the background and washed her out completely. 


Switzerland; Hunter Of Stars - Sebalta: Was very country like. Liked all the instruments on stage. Very good at whistling. Was a little bit catchy, I guess I liked it.



Hungary; Running - Andriàs: At the beginning when he was sat down the angle made his eye look massive and he did this weird eyebrow movement. Was a nice dancy-remix type song. Could hear it being played on a holiday resort. I think he's dressed like someone you would find in the Matrix. 



Malta; Coming Home - Firelight: I think these guys sounded a little bit like Mumford and Sons, only quieter. Which isn't surprising as they're from Yorkshire. However this was an awesomely catchy song. The lead singer, Richard, is also oddly attractive.



Denmark; Cliché Love Song - Basim: We refer to this lovely bunch as the Ricky Martin wannabe with their cheesy pop song. They reminded me of the Jackson 5 almost and although their song was extremely catchy and east to get into with all the bopping and clicking the guy in the back with the afro is possible the scariest looking human being i've ever seen. I've also decided his blonde dancer looks like Alfie from pointless blog. 



The Netherlands; Calm After The Storm - The Common Linnets: Another country song with an awful sixties dress. I'm not sure why the world liked this so much. 



San Marino; Maybe - Valentina: This lady I had to do a double take on. She looked a lot like Katherine Jenkins at a first glance. 



United Kingdom; Children of the Universe - Molly: I actually really liked this song, I've heard it a few times on the radio. It was a good entry for us but not good enough for eurovision. Also not a fan of her fur like dress! 

All photos are from Google Images so apologies for the poor quality. 

What are your thoughts on the night?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig