Tuesday 6 May 2014

My Thoughts | Delirium



Unfortunately I haven't been able to read as much as I want. With my new job, I work less hours which means my reading time has gone down. Although, I have found a way to give myself an hour every morning. All this means is it's taking me longer to read books. However, I did go on holiday and read four so you'll have a few reviews popping up!

If you're an avid reader, this is a book you should be picking up. Part one of the trilogy makes for a perfect beginning. You read through the eyes of the main character Lena who lives in Portland Maine. There are a few cities that remain are surrounded by an electrical fence to keep out the people who live in the wilds. The government thinks that love is a disease and the people who live in the wilds have not had the procedure to be cured. 

When citizens turn 18 they are deemed of age to have the procedure for the cure. Lena has always looked forward to the day she would get the cure, believing the words of the government that love is a disease and should be eradicated from the world. 

This being said, Lena falls in love with a boy named Alex mere months before her scheduled procedure. He is called an Invalid because he is over 18, not had the cure and lives out in the wilds. He has lived in the city undetected building a resistance by scaring himself the same way the people who are cured have. He offers Lena a way out of the city and although she struggles with the decision she makes it seven days before her procedure. 

However they are discovered meeting secretly and Lena is locked up in her home until she can safely have the procedure and be let back out into the world. Alex comes to her rescue and they attempt to run off into the wilds together. 

This is such a gripping story that will tug at your heart strings. I thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait for book two to arrive so that I can continue the story. You'll love this too if you're a fan of Divergent and The Hunger Games 

Have you read this book yet? Let me know what you think!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig