Wednesday 27 August 2014

5 Disappointing Products





I know some of you have probably looked at the picture and thought - what the hell? I love those products - but not everyone has the same opinion. These are just products that I feel do not work with my body/face and this post is to tell you the reasons why.




Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet; While this lipgloss has very good colour this sticky moisture sucking liquid is not making an appearance into my make-up stash. After reading all the rave reviews about this product I thought this would be the perfect product for everyday use, especially in the colour 02 Frambourjoise. The colour is perfect for my pale complexion but sadly this sucks up all the moisture from my lips and I end up with cracked lips which with colour on does not look good!

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm; Another moisture sucking product which severely disappointed me. After loving the lacquer balms I decided to get a more matte finish for a more daytime appropriate colour. 

Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint; I just don't know how to make this work. I always get it wrong, I either use too little and it doesn't show or I use too much and there is one hell of a huge pink patch on my face. The Barbie look does not suit my face! 

Lorèal Paris Nude Magique BB Cream; The first time I used this I was worried, it came out white and then turned orange - I was not a fan from the start. However, I persevered and used this a couple more times using the theory less is more but this still gave my skin that orange glow and made my face look a completely different colour from my face.

B. Complete Eyeshadow Palette; This product was a flop from the start. The shadows are chalky and I cannot get them to blend or show any colour on my eyelids.

Thats my five - what are yours?


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one having problems with the Bourjois Rouge Velvets, I have Ole Flamingo and it literally cracked on my lips, and mine aren't dry to begin with... I will try to make it work, but for now it's a true disappointment...

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one too! I wear it over a lipstick - it lasts a little bit longer but still has the same effect. Dry cracked lips are not fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh no sorry these didn't work for you :( I love to read disappointing product posts though because they're really helpful so well done for being honest. I have to admit I've hated everything I've tried from the B. makeup and skincare range, it's just awful! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always be honest with my opinions! There is no point bigging up something you do not like! I'm still keeping them - as I might try them again one day but they won't be the ones I reach for on a daily basis! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig