Friday 17 July 2015

Book Review | Karma by Donna Augustine



If you're looking for something different to read and haven't read anything about Karma before then I definitely suggest this. Another one of Amazon's famous enablers led me to buy this book and I have to say I enjoyed it enough to buy the second one. 


Blurb: People say karma's a...well, you know. Personally, I don't think I'm that bad. It's not like I wanted this job. I wasn't even in my right mind when I accepted the position. Now, I'm surrounded by crazy coworkers like Lady Luck, who's a bit of a tramp, and Murphy's Law, who's a bumbling oaf. But the worst is Fate. He's got a problem with transfers like myself, and I have to see him constantly. It's unavoidable. We're hunting the same man—my murderer.

Review: The beginning of this book starts with Camilla's death. She is them propositioned and signs a piece of paper without thinking to keep herself from crossing over in an attempt to stay around for her wedding, finance and job. However she is soon reminded of how much she is dead and cannot go back to them.

She is thrown through a whirlwind of emotions as her grief takes hold. Camilla tries to cling on to her past life and connections but ends up learning the hard way that she has to focus on what the universe is telling her to do, even if she doesn't like dishing out the comeuppance that the people deserve - after all she is Karma. 

Once she starts accepting she is Karma, her life gets a little less stressful. She spends most of her time in the office, trying to avoid Faith and attempting to make friends with everyone else. Lady Luck ends up being her best friend. 

As well as carrying out her duties, getting hit by Cupid and trying to find her killer she also find out about a group of dead people who used to be employed but now aren't and the story takes a dark turn.

All in all this has action, romance and an awesome plot line so this definitely needs to be on your TBR lists! 

3/5 Stars - find it on amazon here

Images and Blurb from Goodreads.com


post signature

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14341281/?claim=caykr6grm8s">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig