Friday 10 July 2015

Book Review | Return to Bluebell Hill by Rebecca Pugh


My jealousy of new authors coming out of the woodwork is at an all time high after I met a few people who are writing novels, two of which have recently had their first ones published. While I sit here and throw away 63K words and wallow in my self pity.

However, I actually like the people who have written the books and Becca is no exception. With this little number under her belt, a heartwarming love story, I cannot wait to read more of her work and I am proud of her - even though we haven't met. 
Blurb: Jessica McAdams has never belonged anywhere; never truly felt at home. Of course, what did she expect from parents who never made her feel welcome in her own house? Leaving her life in London to return home to the charming country village of Bluebell Hill is harder than she thought. Especially as she never considered she’d be returning under such heart wrenching circumstances…

Clearing out the stunning and imposing Bluebell House after her parents’ death is difficult for Jessica—they never had the best relationship and now it’s too late. Yet spending time in the house that was never a home, having afternoon tea with dear old friend Esme—and sharing hot, sizzling kisses with delectable gardener Rueben!—opens Jessica’s eyes to the potential of Bluebell House… Could this big old, beautiful manor really be her forever home? Is Bluebell Hill where her heart is, has always been?

Jessica soon dares to dream of her very own home with delicious Rueben by her side. But when a deep, dark secret of Bluebell House is unearthed, Jessica’s world is turned upside down…

Will Jessica ever find where her heart truly lies?

Review: Since I started to try other genres, not just sticking to fantasy, I've found myself buying a few books that have peaked my attention just enough to want to get my hands on them. As in, I MUST BUY THIS NOW, getting my hands on them. The plot was predictable towards the last few chapters but the rest of the book was a whirlwind of emotions and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. 

Jess as a character is easy to love, she's so relatable in some aspects its hard not to agree with her mentalities. You are instantly drawn in by the emotions surrounding her lonely childhood, as her parents were never around she has insecurities when it comes to trusting people to stick around. She's thrown back to Bluebell Hill and as the story goes on she comes to terms with her feelings about the area.

When I started reading the book I didn't realise Esme was her nanny. I always had the thought in my head that she was a childhood friend so learning this made their relationship all the more touching. It's like Esme was Jess's motherly figure and it's more than obvious she see's Jess as the daughter she never had. 

Reuben is practically the perfect man. If only he could be real! Jess is a very lucky lady and if you want to know more you'll just have to pick up the book yourself, you can buy it on amazon kindle


All in all this was a wonderful story, which warms the heart and you can'y help but smile at. 

Rating: 4/5 Stars
Comment: I'm still a fantasy girl at heart but this story definitely has a place there. 
Links: Amazon UK Kindle | Goodreads | Twitter
Note: Image and Blurb from goodreads.com 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig