Tuesday 12 August 2014

#ProjectBareAll


I believe this was created by Megan from Thumbelina Lillie but it found it's way to me through Kirstie from A Yellow Brick Blog.  You can find their posts here for Megan and here for Kirstie, so go and check them out.

I have been seeing a lot of people do this post, and I thought maybe I should give it a go too. I'm not your typical make-up junkie, I love it, I covet it but putting it on is one of life's chores for me! So here's me in my fresh faced glory for the entire internet to see. 


#nofilter

I'm a lazy girl at heart, although I am trying to change that [which you'll find out soon], and getting up early just to put a full face of make-up on is not on the cards for me. If I could find something to do the same thing in half the time - perfect. I spend about 5-10 minutes on hair and make-up before I go to work! 


But this project is all about having the confidence in yourself without make-up on. If you don't love yourself how can anyone else love you?

I'm not saying we don't all have things that we dislike, because we do, I would say my main face hates are my under eye area, my red cheeks and my nose, but you should feel confident enough to pop to the shops for ten minutes without make-up on to buy a pint of milk (or something along those lines). 


My Story:

As I've gotten more into the make-up scene, found a love for foundation and started a blog I have noticed my confidence lower. The internet is so full of beautiful women with incredible faces, all enhanced by the wonders of make-up. This project has really helped me to realise, while I may not look like anyone else, I am beautiful as I am as long as I believe that I am. 

I started wearing make-up when I was around 12 due to dance competitions but I don't think I ever really wore anything more than mascara, eyeliner and some powder until I was about 18 and started going out with friends to clubs etc. While all my friends at school had dabbled in everything - I was always a late bloomer and I hated foundation to begin with!

I personally do not wear a lot of make-up day to day going to work. Concealer is a must, as you can tell from my dark under eye area, and I will usually accompany this with mascara and all over lid eyeshadow. Depending on how red my skin is I might go all over with a light coverage foundation or I'll use my trusty Esteé Lauder Stay in Place Powder, which I've been using since I was about 16. 

If I am going out or it's the weekend and I am meeting up with friends etc I will use more, having a make up artist as a friend is also beneficial (although sometimes very bad as she can be an enabler!). My favourite thing about make-up is you can really enhance your already beautiful features and hide any blemishes, which my friend has been teaching me. 

I don't think I've had any beauty disasters but I've definitely had a few days where I've come home and been like "No Rhianne, this does not look good on you". I'm still learning how to do things but that's the meaning of life - we make mistakes and learn.



I don't believe everyone should just never wear make-up because let's be honest we all have those days where we look in the mirror and think - Oh god! But I do believe we should spend some time without make up on. So next time you are off out think about where you're going to. If you're going out then naturally put on whatever you feel comfortable in but if it's a quick trip to the shops or you are staying in all day or even just going round a friends for a quick cuppa - leave the make up alone for another day. 

Are you going to be apart of the project? Then take a picture of your naked face and post it either in a blog post, on Twitter or Instagram with the #ProjectBareAll hashtag so we can all see our natural beauty. 

And remember - those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Let me know if you do this post so I can read your make up story!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just lucky the light hit my face right! Usually you see my rosy cheeks plus I've now had a massive break out! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig