Wednesday 27 August 2014

Monthly Round Up | Books and TV


This month has flown by and I had completely forgotten what I had read in the beginning of the month! I honestly don't know where the year is going! Need to knuckle down I think.

This month hasn't been good for reading, I've not read as many books as I had hoped, but I do have a few days left of the month!




Disclaimer: Not Full Reviews - if you would like them please ask!

Kindle:

Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux; Literally mind blowing. After only seeing the film and the stage show I really wanted to know what the original story was - it did not disappoint. 

The Glimpse by Claire Merle; This was a new book for me in terms of story line and not knowing anything about this book at all - I didn't even read the blurb! It was just cheap and cheerful and I can never resist a good Kindle Purchase. However, that said, this book was incredible - thank god pay day is tomorrow, I'll definitely be buying the second one!

Angelbound by Christine Bauer; This may be one of my favourite series of book. Well under HP, VA Graceling and Throne of Glass... But it ranks up pretty high! It's got everything I want from a book - epic romance, lots of action and that fantasy setting! I would recommend this book to everyone to enjoys books in the fantasy setting around demons - GO READ!

Books:

Patials by Dan Wells; Another Dystopian and a brilliant one. Having never read anything from Dan Wells before this is the perfect book to get you into his work - especially this series! Alien invasions, deceit, betrayals and love. People really know how to get everything I like into a book. This idea is similar to one that I have had myself and so this really spoke volumes to me! I absolutely loved it.

Taste of Darkness by Maria V Snyder; An end to a series. Sorely disappointed with the ending but the story was brilliant all the same. The beginning was a great twist from the ending of the second book!

Assassins Blade by Sarah J Maas; I shouldn't even need to say anything other than Celaena Sardothien. But seeing as some of you (hopefully none) will have not read this book you won't know the protagonist of the book and therefore won't know what an incredible character she is. Celeana is basically a woman we all want to be (or just me I won't deny it) she's independent, doesn't let men rule her and has epic fighting skills! 

Currently Reading:

Scala by Christine Bauer; I haven't quite finished this book yet but I am getting there!

Not Read:

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore; I can't believe I still haven't read this book! I've had it for so long - I even have it in paperback and ibook! Defnitely be delving into this after I finish Scala!

Any recommendations of what you have been reading this month?



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I loved Partials! It was such a good idea. I've just finished Fragments which didn't disappoint either - it's definitely worth a read!
    Oh, and your kindle looks so cute! I love the sticker!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't managed to get my hands on Fragments yet - I have so many books to read it's ridiculous! Hopefully I'll get round to it in the future! (Need to kick my reading butt into gear) Thanks, I bought it on amazon - there are loads of different ones!
      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig