Monday 2 February 2015

Under Inspection | YSL Fusion Ink Foundation


Normally I wouldn't spend large amounts of money on a foundation that isn't Estee Lauder but after the launch of YSL's new foundation I just couldn't help myself. 

I have never owned a foundation that wasn't powder or a pump so having one with a spatula was extremely weird for me. Add that to the amount the foundation cost and I am definitely out of my comfort zone. 





One of the things I like about this foundation is its light coverage which makes it the perfect foundation for every day work wear. It's quick and easy application make getting ready in the morning a lot less time consuming. The smooth finish and feel of the foundation makes it look and feel like you are barely wearing any foundation at all. It also smells pretty great. 

It's definitely a "your skin but better foundation" and while it has good points it had bad ones too. While it can hide slight redness and small spots if you have bigger blemishes then you might need to add a thick concealer to add on top. Due to my vile nose skin it also doesn't have the staying power around my nose that I would like. 

YSL have definitely got their blend ability down but for me this isn't one I gravitate too for anything other than making my skin the same colour.

I really like this foundation but I am so picky I swear I am never going to find a foundation I like perfectly as they all do different things. If you guys have any suggestions for foundations I should try please leave them in the comments below! I am in need of some suggestions.

Have you used this one? Let me know what you thought. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig