Tuesday 29 July 2014

July Round Up | Books and TV



As you may have noticed, if you’re a reader, there have been a lot of new posts up which will be series.

WARNING: This is going to be a long post – go grab a drink, a snack and get comfy!

First here’s a list of all the series I’ll be posting so you can keep up to date and check back for your favourite ones!

Monthly Series:
Mondays -                          Under Inspection
1st Wednesday -               Monthly TBR (to be read)
1st Friday -                           Films I Want To See This Month  (whether I do is another matter)
2nd Wednesday -              Top Ten
2nd Friday -                           Things I Want This Month
3rd Week Tuesday -         Birchbox
End of the month -          Monlthy Round up + Favourites


Books:

Kindle-

Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki; This kept me on edge the entire time. The romance was a bit obvious, but then what story isn't nowadays? I loved that although it seemed like it was fast paced it was definitely easy to keep up with and didn't get boring at all.

Breathe by Sarah Crossan; This wasn't the best book I've ever read but it wasn't terrible either. I absolutely loved the idea of us humans killing the world by removing all the plants and therefore removing the oxygen we need to survive. Read it, let me know what you think.

Resist by Sarah Crossan; I felt this was better than Breathe but you would still need to read breathe to actually know what was going on in this book. This one had more of an adventure vibe and the ending was just mind blowing. I had to read it a couple times.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Claire; After being severely disappointed with City of Angels I am super glad this turned things around and I am now even more excited for Heavenly Fire. Bring on payday. 

Paperback-
Legend by Marie Lu; This surprised me. I didn't think I would get into and enjoy it as much as I did. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that likes a bit of adventure, romance and dystopian novels.

Game Board of the Gods by Richelle Mead; After reading the entire Vampire Academy series in a week I decided I would give some of her other series ago. This was a delightful find and I am so glad I picked this up. One of the best books I've read in a long time. Definitely pick this up!

Reboot by Amy Tintera; Another great read! Never read a book with this idea before and it blew me away. The entire book keeps you enthralled throughout and I cannot wait till pay day so I can get my hands on book 2!

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead; Yet another of this womans book. She is slowly becoming my favourite author! I genuinely didn't like Sydney as a character in the Vampire Academy series but this book was a nice surprise to find out how good a spin off can be. I'll work my way while everyone else is loving Silver Shadows, I'll just be here like eh, I'll read Golden Lily.

TV:

Nothing much to say about TV. I've only been watching a few shows as none of the goods ones start for a few more months. 

I am currently watching Witches of East End, Pretty Little Liars and Suits. Fast becoming some of my favourite series I do suggest you take a look at these if you haven't already. 

I'm also watching Haven but it's not currently on the TV.


What have you been into recently?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig