Tuesday 10 February 2015

Blogging | The Blogger Apologies



I know this doesn't just apply to blogging, but it was easy for titling purposes. There are a few things that annoy myself about the blogging/vlogging world but today I am only focusing on one of those; The Blogger Apology. 

Every single person who writes on their blog, or posts a video on YouTube will have done this at some point but I don't think it's nessecary. I myself posted one last month because my commenting system doesn't work properly but why? Why did I feel the need to apologise to you, the reader, for not commenting back as fast as I could. I could have been sick, I could have taken a break, I could have simply not read the comment yet but I still felt the need to apologise. 

I HATE it when I read tweets from Zoella, or Tanya, or anyone who is relatively "YouTube" / "Internet Famous". They shouldn't have to apologise for their internet being a bit slow, or not posting a video on a day they normally would, or taking a break from blogging just because they want to. 

They, and we, all started blogging, and/or making videos because it was something we wanted to do. It made them feel good. It gave them something to do, and we watched and we enjoyed it. So why should they apologise when things go wrong?

I'm all for informing their subscribers or readers that there is a momentary lapse if they ask, but instead of a tweet bearing the word sorry they could quite easily say this instead - "Internet is lagging, video will be up in 4 hours according to the bar. Bare with me!" That is a simple message that tells people you are having internet problems but haven't apologised because if it. The only reason you need to apologise is if you purposefully pulled out the plug for the internet to delay the video. 

It seems too many readers/subcribers think the people we watch or the posts we read are paid for because we read them. They would still happen whether you read them or not so I do not think the people to make the videos and write the blog posts need to apologise. I very much agree with Tea Party Beauty's blog post from October. She says, "I am not going to apologise for my lack of blogging, I have nothing to apologise for. Sometimes life just gets in the way and other things take precedent" and she is spot on. 

Life, work, stress, ailments and even laziness gets in the way and sometimes that is okay.

So leave them alone and just enjoy what they do put out. Getting angry at them will not get you what you want. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig