Thursday 12 February 2015

Book Review | Seraphina by Rachel Hartman


There are books that take your breath away. They can make us laugh, cry, feel more emotions than the real world can throw at us, falling love with characters and hate villains. Then there are the books that just fall short of it all.

Seraphina sounded like the perfect book for me. Dragons, adventure, murder mystery, honestly a few of my favourite things thrown together into a book. Alas I couldn't even finish it. 

The ideas and the characters and the settings were brilliant but the story itself just didn't grip my attention for long enough to enjoy the book. I wasn't interested in the end of the book and so stopped reading with 100 pages left. 

When I first read the blurb and all the recommendations from other authors I instantly thought I need this book on my bookshelf. I started reading and I felt almost disappointed with the first page. I know the saying is never judge a book by its cover, but I think the first page sometimes isn't the best outlook on the book either so I persevered. 

It definitely did get a little better during the middle but I couldn't see it through to the end. 

If you have read this book please let me know if you think I should carry on with it!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig