Saturday 28 February 2015

The Heart Monologues | Songs That Remind Me


The heart really is a complicated organ. It pumps blood around your body and it is used as a metaphor for the chemicals that flood our body when we are attracted to someone. However nothing compares to the power of the brain. 

The brain has the capacity to retain information without us realising it. The best way I have found this is with songs. We can remember so many songs and so many memories attached to them that they become special. There are always some that still make me cry.

I'm sharing my songs that remind me of Him and the moments I think of when I hear these songs. 

Starting with some new songs:



Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Golding: This one doesn't exactly bring me any memories because it's so new but it definitely sends my mind towards one person in particular. I try and change my thoughts but somehow I am never able. 



Jealous - Nick Jonas: Never thought I would be one to actually like a Jonas boys song but the words to this song are nearly perfect. I still get jealous, I'll always get jealous and I have a right to be. Love makes people crazy but the mere mention of a girl sends envy through my body.



Masterpiece Theatre III - Marianas Trench: Probably one of the most meaningful songs that means so much to me. Whenever this comes on so many memories flash into my mind. Driving down to plymouth, trying to work in my university room while He watched films on my tv. Walks by the lake, sunny afternoons on the Hoe, cinema trips and dinner out. 



When We Collide - Matt Cardle: He played this to me while we were in bed one day. Although the song isn't related, whenever I hear it I think of when He fell asleep in my arms watching Silent Hill and drooled all over me. Gross but it still makes me smile and I do still believe. 



Here Without You Baby - Three Doors Down: Probably one of the only songs that can actually make me cry. No further explanation needed just listen.


Hope you are enjoying these posts so far. Check out the previous post for more heart revealing posts!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig