Friday 26 September 2014

Monthly Round Up | Books + TV



No spoilers I promise. Lets see what I read this month




Books:

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore; I don't know why it took me so long to read this book! There are so many things that I loved about Graceling and Fire and Bitterblue is just an addition to these stories. Especially with an ending that leaves room for so much more!

Matched by Allie Condie; Honestly, I wasn't impressed with this book. I enjoyed the story and the twists but I believe there needs to be more to grip me into a story. A little suspense never hurt anyone. 

Fractured by Terri Terry; This book! Wow, this book turned out to be one of the best sequels I have ever read. Speaking in the sense of follow on books from their originals. There is so much that I need to know and so much more to come in the third book I just want to read it now - but I can't as I've already planned out next months books. Terri definitely knew how to make a story stick in your mind.

The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty; I wasn't impressed with this one either. I really got into the beginning of the story and when I knew there was a secret I was kept by the suspense of Celia not opening it. I didn't really understand the parts played by the other characters - someone who has read this please explain to me how this story fits altogether.

Kindle;

I did manage to read a few books on the kindle during this short month.

The Star Theif by Jamie Grey; Somebody get me the sequel now. This book was incredible and I loved every page. 

Currently Reading;

The Recruit - Book One; I downloaded this book a while ago onto my Kindle and I forgotten what it was all about. When I started I was thinking ninja and secret training not vampires and werewolves. However I am finding myself enjoying this book.


TV;

Greek; Finished all 6 seasons of this tv series and I want more. I wasn't ready to see the end to Casey and Cappies story - please bring it back?

Doctor Who; Time Heist was a pretty good episode - it's made me think the previous episodes story lines are what is making me hate it so much and not Peter. 

Witches of East End; After the crazy turns in this story I am so not ready for the end of season two - it's too intense.

I would also like to say a big welcome back to some of the shows I will be starting to watch again this month - Big Bang; Marvels Agents of Shield; Bones; and Once Upon a Time. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig