Friday 4 September 2015

Book Review | The Blast by Sarah Perlmutter



The only dystopian novels I have ever read are The Hunger Games and Divergent trilogies. I thought about writing my own once but I wasn't sure how that would work out so that idea went on the back burner and then through the brilliance of Twitter I found Sarah Perlmutter. 
Blurb: After a series of blasts force Beatrice Hicks and her family into their prepper bunker, they emerge to discover they are among the survivors of a nuclear apocalypse. Fighting against rogue groups and coping with deaths are just some of the adjustments Beatrice must make to survive, but how will she maintain her humanity after the blast?

Review: I wasn't sure what to make of this book when I learnt that Bea was only 12. Although I love YA this seemed like a really young age to write POV from - BUT IT WORKED. 

There are some events early on that test Bea before you've even got into the book and it really grabbed the reader attention. She had to grow up fast after the Blast and the few events leading up to it, dealing with different emotions as well as some losses. 

I truly loved that the nearby families all came together after the blast and tried to help each other. Along with a few young crushes this book really shows how they developed skills, feelings and shows adaptation to their new way of life. 


Rating: 4/5 Stars
Comment: Definitely a book that should be recommended and although a short story it still felt like a full novel.
Links: Amazon UK Kindle | Goodreads | Twitter
Note: Image and Blurb from goodreads.com


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig