Saturday 8 November 2014

Not Your Usual Blog Post #2 | Alfie Deyes Vlog - 6th November 2014



I have been waiting for something like this ever since I wrote about Chloe Hamilton slandering Zoe/Zoella in her writing. Honestly I never thought I would get the chance to write another one of these Blog Posts here we are again. As you can tell from the recycled top image I was not prepared for this. 

As a subscriber to BOTH Zoe and Alfie I feel, as well as the Human Rights Act, I am allowed to speak my opinion and voice my concerns. 

On November 6th Alfe posted a new daily vlog on his channel PointlessBlogTV. It was titled You Need To Calm Down, this in itself had my curiosity begging to know what it was all about. Upon watching to the end of the video it was apparent that Alfie had a message for all of his subscribers and honestly I am inclined to agree with him, on some parts. 

While people are entitled to their own opinions on things and are allowed to voice their opinions, I also believe there is no need for what I saw on Alfie's Vlog. The amount of people who said he was threatening us was actually laughable. I don't believe Zoe saying that she stopped her daily vlogs because she didn't like the amount on negativity in her comment feed is in any way stating that Alfie is going to stop vlogging, or that he is threatening anyone. 

As Zoe states in the video and even though she has tweeted you have a choice when you post things online, why upset someone from the safety of your bedroom behind a computer screen rather than just saying nothing at all. 

A well known phrase we should all remember is - If you don't have anything nice to say DONT say anything at all. 

If you didn't like a certain video or comment, that's fine you're allowed not to like it but that doesn't mean you should write thing like - "You can just threaten your viewers when they are the people who got you that 1 million pound house, book deal and many many other opportunities you are being VERY ungrateful." or "It's so ridiculous that now not one person can make a comment that isn't licking your ass and you will threaten all your viewers. HELLO this is the real world. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Not every comment is going to be saying how they love you. Man up you AND Zoe need to start being more grateful for what you have yous would be NOWHERE without your viewers. Not everything in life is going to be all sunshine. 
You can't call people "haters" just because they don't have the same opinion as you." 

His two main comments that he pointed out, albeit his choice of words were not the greatest, were that people were writing negative comments about Zoe poking Jim in the bum. Can everyone take a massive step back and just think about how ridiculous this is? How many times have you joked around with friends and done stupid things like that. I know I have done that exact thing at least once! I personally do not feel that there was any need for that to be even mentioned. 

Then there is the OCD thing. Yes, OCD is a very serious mental condition and should be treated as such and I completely understand anyone who has it getting annoyed with someone who uses the term loosely over the subject. I understand. I get annoyed when someone tells me my hormone condition is just PMS - it's not I know that but I just let them say it because it's easier than having an argument about something someone doesn't understand. However, is there really a need to point that out to him? Thats a serious question by the way. There are many people in the word who use terms like PMS and OCD when they mean something similar because it's a short and easy way to explain something like for example, using OCD, someone saying omg just had an OCD moment as I cleaned my house from top to bottom with bleach. That person probably doesn't have OCD but used the term as it described what they went through. Or when a female gets angry and them someone makes the remark of "Oh it's someones time of the month, suffering with PMS?" It's like no I'm not I'm just angry. 

Another point I would like to mention is all the YouTubers started making videos because they wanted too and you subscribed because you liked one or two of them. You're not going to like everything that they say or do but honestly is there a need to comment on such trivial things like Zoe poking Jims bum? As I've said I understand the OCD comments and yes people in the spotlight should be careful how they use such terms but the other things we comment on don't really need to be said. Unless, they did something drastic. 

I know when I share this post I am sure I will get a lot of negative comments about how I compared OCD to PMS but I was bullied for seven years - I'm ready for it. I just hope you can, as I do, see things from both points of view. Alfie isn't going to want to daily vlog for you all if all he gets back is negativity. Let's try and hold our tongues unless it's something important. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig