Thursday 6 November 2014

Books | Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas



Sometimes I like to plunge myself into other worlds and today I'm going to share that with you.




Goodreads Description: Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 


Pro’s: Everything

Con’s: Everything

This book was mind blowing. Probably one of the best books I have ever read. I was captivated by every page with emotions flying all over the place. I had been waiting in anticipation of this book since I discovered Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight. Those two books captivated my heart and this book definitely did the same, it even clenched it a few times.

I’ve said the pro’s and con’s in this book is everything and that’s because everything is so up in the air and we find out so much information that it’s hard to pinprick certain things to mention.

Disclaimer: There will be spoilers for the rest of this post.

For example, I hated the way Rowan pushed Celaena, he reminded me of Arbroynn and how he mistreated her but I loved the way their relationshiped developed and he ended up becoming blood bound (blood oath) to her instead. I also didn’t like that he forced her to be called Aelin, although her real name at the time she didn’t want to be known by it. I could see why he did it though.

I have never had so many emotions during a scene of battle as I did when she was fighting the Valg prince and Narrok. First I was disappointed and proud that she protected the boarder but then I became intrigued by the memories her forced her to endure and then I had the overwhelming sense of happiness when she broke through their darkness and set them all on fire.

The bit about the witches I didn’t understand at first but I like that this was integrated between chapters so you could see what everyone was doing at the same points in the story. Choal and Dorian broke my heart many times over with the way they acted and how their lives have played out. Aedion as a new character was amazing and I loved learning this part of Celeanas life along with how he feels. The fact that all three of them were willing to give their lives for her was also incredibly and tugged hard on my heart strings.

All I can say is I am placed firmly on Team Celeana and if the next instalment isn’t soon I might die. If you haven’t read this series what are you doing with your life? If you have let me know what you thought – I’m always up for a good natter!

Speak soon

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig