Thursday 23 January 2014

Beauty Box - Battle Of The Boxes #1

Another new feature alert!
This will be a regular feature of the beauty boxes that I have delivered to me monthly. At the moment I am only doing two but maybe if there is more and I get a better job I will add more or i'll change every 6 months or so.


Arrival Date -
BirchBox: 14th January
Glossy Box: 22nd January


First Look -
BirchBox:



Glossy Box:




Glossy Box wins on the beauty of the boxes. I love the baby pink and the ribbon.

Contents -
BirchBox:


Tommy Guns; Fig,Plum&Marshmallow Conditioner, £5.50. Gurantee a frizz-free 2014 with this calming sumptuous conditioner. Leave in for 1-3 minutes. 
First thing I did was say yes out loud, I watched the BirchBox sneak speak and was hoping I would get one of these. I then smelt it and it smells insatiable. 
Noble Isle; Willow Song Bath & Shower Gel, £20.00. Start your day the right way with a formula the evokes the fresh green of the British Countryside. 
This just simply smells divine and the smell lingers, which is great.
Itsu; Misu Soup, £2.25 for three sachets. A light healthy - and tasty! - soup packed full of anti-oxidants and amino acids. 
I am looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully it'll be better than the other mug soups i have tasted.
Vasanti; Detox Nutrient Rich Purifying Facial Cleaner, £18.00. Wash away toxins (not to mention every last trace of foundation) with this fresh cleanser. 
Never tried a cleanser before so lets hope this one sets the bar high!
Premae; Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil, £9.50. Moisture, tone and detoxify skin with this natural, allergy tested body oil. Apply to clean skin after bath or shower to nourish and rehydrate.
Sounds good lets give this a try!
Benefit; The POREfessional, £24.50. An award winning primer that magically erases pores and leaves skin velvety.
I already use this so I am very happy with this. I now have a travel size for holidays!

Glossy Box: 



Yu-Be; Moisturising Skin Cream, £13.50. This multi use cult moisturising cream from Japan revamps your skin enriching it with vitamin E, B2, camphor and a uniquely high glycerine content. It's essential for all skin care regimes.
Never heard of it!
Balance Me; Super Toning Body Wash, £10.25. With a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils, this is the best way to start your day.
Looks quite interesting, didn't really have a smell so will have to test this in the shower.
The Vintage Cosmetic Company; Floral Slanted Tweezers, £8.00. Get rid of boring brows with these pretty floral tweezers. These high quality, stainless steel must haves are the perfect accompaniment for every vintage dolls make up bag.
Well least now I have spare tweezers... They are a pretty pattern!
Anatomicals; Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer Wake-Up Under Eye Patches, £6.00. Looking like the walking dead? These under eye patches will help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and revitalise the delicate skin around your eyes!
I hope these work because I pretty much fit that decryption every morning!
Vaseline; Essential Moisture Lotion, £4.99. Is your skin weathering the elements? It's non-greasy formulation and multi-layer complex absorbs quickly leaving your skin silky smooth and looking healthy.
My brother always raves about moisturisers and this is one of the first ones he started using. This little travel size will be perfect for my holiday!

Overall Impression:
BirchBox:

Not too overly keen on the packaging this month. Was a bit plain and boring! However, the contents was packed full of things I am very interested in! Looks like a promising review is coming up soon! Loving the smell of the Noble Isle shower gel, it's simply divine. Definitely glad I am signed up for this beauty must have!

GlossyBox:

If it wasn't for this box, I would have never even bothered to look at BirchBox, so I guess it's good for that right? The presentation of this box is simply unbeatable. From the baby pink box and the ribbon to the black tissue paper topped off with the Glossy Box sticker, it's just lovely and totally pleasing to the eye. Contents however, again, I am a little disappointed. I was hoping to be totally wowed by this box and I am just not. Looking forward to trying one maybe two of these products. Looks like they'll have one more chance though. Come on Glossy you can do it. Third time lucky? Make February's box good please!

Well that's all from me today guys,


post signature





Disclaimer: The opinions in this blog are completely my own, I am not being paid to up or down sell anybody. These are my own words used and always will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig