Thursday 26 March 2015

Book Review | Champion by Marie Lu


Sometimes books can captivate the mind, body and soul. They can make you feel emotions and lose time. Sometimes there are books that should be great, and have great expectations for, but some how they fall short.

Champion is the third and final book in the Legend series. Final books have so many expectations, they have to provide answers to questions you've been asking since the beginning and end on a high. Unfortunately the ending to this book was nothing like I expected. 

Day is probably my favourite character. He is a bad boy, a good man and cares so much about his family/the people he loves so much it stayed in my heart. June makes a good counter character but I didn't have as many feels for her as I did Day. There's just something about a bad boy thats a good man - they always capture my heart.

First of all the ending to this book was bland. It had no flavour to it at all and I get the feeling it was the easy way out. While incredibly romantic, I hate the fact Day lost his memory and then June didn't even say I love you to him after being by his side while he healed from being shot. I MEAN WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? Then to have them meet again and not be romantic is just wrong, he should have remembered more of her. 

But that is the only thing I dislike about this book - the end. 

The rest of this book is action packed, shock worthy and exhilarating. It keeps you on the edge of your seat while not telling you the whole story. From escaped prisoners to an invasion, this book literally has all you need to be hooked on every word written on the page. 

I loved the progression from Legend to Champion and I think these are a good read for everyone. The fact one of the characters I grew to hate died also makes this book worthy to be recommended. 

Have you read this book?
What are your thoughts?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig