Tuesday 31 March 2015

How To | Be An Early Riser

Click Here for Image Source
I am a morning person. I never sleep past 8:30 without waking up beforehand and the mornings aren't some vile time that shouldn't exist. A lot of people don't understand my ability to be so spritely at 7am or how I even get myself out of bed at 5:40am. Well let me tell you, its with great difficulty but I do it.

When I was a kid, as I am sure you were the same, I hated my naps. I didn't want to go to sleep and even if you kept me awake till 1am I would be awake at 7, thats still technically true to this day too. No while I know a lot of us can get up and get out of bed some of you cannot function properly until you've had a coffee or it's well into the afternoon. 

While this has not been scientifically tested to be right or wrong, this is how I move myself to be an early riser, and like it. 

Step 1: Set an alarm. My alarms, I have two, go off at 5:40 am and 6:00 am. This mean if I decide to relish those 20 minutes it's not really a sleep so its easier for me to wake when the all important YOU MUST GET UP alarm sounds. Or I look on my phone for twenty minutes to wake myself up, depends on my mood.

Step 2: Brave the cold. Baby it's cold outside of the duvet but you know what? That is what slippers and dressing gowns were made for, wrap up and get yourself to the bathroom!

Step 3: Bathroom. I shower in the evenings so my morning routine is pretty basic. Pee, wash hands, brush teeth, moisturise face and squeal at the cold lotion. Which wakes me up and enables me to actually get dressed. 

Step 4: Get Dressed. Yes you are up, and therefore need to be active to awaken yourself. Get dressed and start your day!

Step 5: Breakfast. Eat, thats all you need to do. Eat and then realise 7am isn't all that bad anymore.

There you have it. This is literally all I do and I am far less tired than my friends who wake up 30 minutes before they need to be at work. Give yourself and hour or two and see if that makes a difference. I also go to sleep around 10:30/11pm so I get at least 6 hours sleep every night. Trust me it helps!

What do you do in the mornings?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig