Saturday 14 March 2015

The Heart Monologues: Him at Uni


On Valentines day I bared my heart about my very own version of Chuck Bass. How we met and one of the earliest memories I have of him. Here's the next part of he story.

University wasn't the greatest time for me. Combined with not knowing what I wanted to do with my life, and not enjoying the course I had chosen I also had to deal with the love of my life acting like a complete twonk. 

When we started university we were both at different stages in our lives. I was the single girl in love with her best friend but didn't know it yet, and he was the best friend with the girlfriend he wasn't sure about leaving behind. Of course he came to me with his problems and I was more than happy to help him if it meant he was happy. Little did I know that my own heart had it's own ideas. 

Turned out that nearing the end of the firs term he dislocated his hip and went home for a few weeks. I moved flats and ended up in the same building as him. I remember the first time we saw each other in the building. I went up to his flat and we hugged and then sat on the sofa and watched one of the SAW films cuddled up together. 

We kissed. The first time we ever kissed was while at university. I knew he had broken up with his previous girlfriend and we were watching a film and it was a cliche film moment. His arm was around me, my head on his shoulder, he spoke to me and I looked up at him. His eyes met mine and I could see that he wanted to kiss me. I totally ruined the moment because he has this little tuft of facial hair which I just could not deal with. So I made him shave it off and we threw around a few cute sayings, then when he had done it and came back we kissed. 

It was like my entire body lit up like a firework. My skin tingled, my heart was pumping in my chest and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. 

Although it didn't last long that night was probably the most perfect ones.

There were a few weeks of back and fourth after that, I fell a little bit harder but he couldn't make a decision as he went from her back to me, back to her and then she ended it. 

I remember coming home for christmas and going out with a friend, no expecting to see him out in the place I was being taken as I had never been there before but We Found Love by Rihanna started playing and then suddenly I was in the air, in his arms and I had a smile on my face. 

Another night that set alight the desire inside me and made me wish this could last forever. Of course it didn't. We stayed friends though. 

One day he said to me that he needed to get away from our hometown and so I suggested he came and stayed with me for a few days, which he did. He was sneaky, and kinda cute, and told me he was getting a later train. I was not keen on staying up too late but of course it was him so I would have done anything. I am sitting in my flatmates room and suddenly I get a phone call. Expecting to be told he will be about another 20 minutes imagine my excitement when he said he's downstairs and I have to come and let him in. Never have I ran down stairs so fast, I let at him and he caught me and we stayed there in an embrace for a good few minuets before he said let me in you're getting cold.

That was the first night I have ever slept in the same bed with some completely naked. 

My last memory from Uni is where I picked him up in our hometown early in the morning, and we decided because it was a nice day before we started our drive we would go for a walk on the beach. Pictures were taken, one was even of a proposal written in the sand (jokingly obviously) and we had a laugh. In the car we sang to music and then we spent the afternoon with two other friends, eating and drinking on the green before going to the cinema in the evening. 

Pictures are worth a thousand words but not even that would be enough to describe how happy I was that day.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig