Monday 31 March 2014

Benefit vs Smashbox


So this week I have been trying out these little beauties. Now normally I would go for the cheap option for an eyeshadow primer because all I need is something to stop the creasing so when I saw Smashbox did a try it kit and I got Benefit in my Birchbox I decided to see which one would be the best. 

While they both have similar textures the Smashbox one is slightly creamer which gives a firmer hold and Benefit claims that it can hold concealer but it doesn't work for me, personally. Smashbox never leaves a mark and holds my make-up in place all day, and even overnight when I forget to take my face off. Benefit does the same but not for as long. If you wear it for two long you end up with just a line of eyeshadow along the crease of the eye. I'd say it was good for about 8 hours then you'd need to re-apply. 

I genuinely think these two products are the same and equal to each other, one just has a longer staying power, so it's all down to personal preference. If I was to pick it would be smashbox. What will you choose?

Let me know,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig