Friday 4 April 2014

My Thoughts | Divergent


In tribute to this amazing book being turned into a film and being released yesterday I thought I would share my thoughts on it.

When I saw all the hype about The Hunger Games and Divergent and how they were supposed to be spectacular I never thought it would be something I would love. I think a book or film is only as good as the emotions it makes you feel, good or bad. If it makes you cry or smile or laugh it's good. I like something I can connect with, and being an aspiring writer myself I love to read new ideas and this is one of four ideas that I've read lately that have blown me away. 

There are a lot of books out there that have this new earth vibe going around and some of them are epic stories, like Divergent, and some of them I just haven't quite gotten into, and I'm on chapter 7 (no spoilers about the current read in my life).

Divergent was faced paced and full of everything I need in a book; romance, action, conspiracy and brilliant fight scenes. I'm a massive fantasy lover and this book ticked all the boxes for me. With every turn of the page it leaves you wanting to know more. Tris is such a strong character that it literally becomes like you're reading your friends diary all the while telling you a tale of personal choices, corrupt governments and a cheeky bit of romance. I especially likes the bit about the drugs, as weird as my first thought about it was, it brought in an extra element to the storyline. 

I'm trying not to give any spoilers away about the book incase some of you haven't read it, or seen the film yet. I know some people like them and some don't, trying to be respectful to everyone here! Just know that I would recommend this book to anyone that loves a good book. I'm also going to see the film tomorrow!

Let me know your thoughts,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig