Monday 26 January 2015

Under Inspection | Soap and Glory Show Good Face Foundation


Foundations are not my forte and honestly they seem to dislike me a lot. Some of them don't work with brushes, I don't like getting the product on my hands and I've not tried using a blender. (Let me know your thoughts on them!). Most brands will never have a match for my skin so I'm usually left with foundation lines or foundation halfway down my neck and blended (provided the bush works) and I use twice as much product. Will there ever be a foundation for me?

I have to make sure I pick and choose which days I use this foundation on because it can be a toss up as to whether it'll look good or not!

Soap and Glory are not a brand I use massively. I think I have four products from the brands lines and while some of them have not been too brilliant, some of them have been absolutely amazing!




This foundation has a built in primer. I'm not entirely certain how good it us but I give it a good shake before using it and whack it on my face. As I said previously some days this can become a flawless base and the shade fairest of them all Blanche Neige perfect match for my skin tone, on those days, I add a bit of powder and there are no faults that I can find with it. 

On my bad days, however, that is a completely different story. If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know how much of a problem I get with my nose and on my bad days this foundation just highlights it. The built in primer doesn't work and I tend to get a cake like look all over my nose which, in turn, makes the rest of my skin look awful. Sometime I can correct with by adding a little Smashbox Primer underneath it but sometimes it's just not a day to wear it, and so I have to take it off and move onto another one. 

I also find if you don't shake the bottle well enough to activate the primer it doesn't sit right on the skin. 

As you can see from the picture above the colour isn't an exact match on my hand but when applied in light layers and I can make this foundation look alright sitting on my skin. As this is the lightest shade in the collection its a little disappointing that I have to test it out first before being able to just apply it straight to my face and not worry about it matching! God Damn my ghost like skin!

While it has it's ups and downs I would recommend this to try because having primer and foundation combined can be perfect for travelling - just make sure you shake the bottle, your face is moisturised and it matches your skin tone!

Have you tried this one?
Let me know in the comments!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig