Thursday 22 January 2015

Book Review | She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick


This isn't a book I would normally pick up in stores. In fact I barely ever go to a shop to buy books. Amazon is my friend. However, while I was shopping a long time ago, you can see the other books I bought here, I picked this little gem up. 

The blurb of this book was confusing and therefore I knew I had to read it. It has so many twists and revelations in it and flashbacks that it definitely knows how to keep someone interested. 

It starts of with the main character, Laureth, saying that she's abducted her little brother. The first line of the book even says it - "One final time I told myself I was not abducting my brother." Thats ones hell of a way to start a book and I was instantly hooked. I needed to know more.

You don't find out straight away why she needs her little brother until about chapter three and honestly it was still a shock even though when I read the book again I instantly understood everything and it was insanely obvious! Laureth is blind. 

The story itself was a wonderful one and one that I couldn't imagine myself doing so reading about it was a wonderful way to experience the idea. There were a lot of twists within this story which was pretty good and kept my interest especially with all the little random things that happened in it. 

The ending pulled at my heart strings a little as it was so happy and a little predictable. All in all I liked this book and I am glad I picked it up and read it. I didn't want to give too much of the story away so I didn't write too much about the plot but I would definitely give this book a recommendation to everyone, 

Have you read it? Let me know in the comments!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig