Thursday 8 January 2015

Book Review | Amy & Rogers Epic Detour


There are some books you read that change your perspective and this one is one of those. Never have I wanted to have a random road trip as I did after reading this book. Honestly I wasn't really into the story and it was predictable but it was a really good read.

I dont tend to read reviews on books before I buy them - unless its a glowing one from the booktubers I watch but after reading this I had to go an divulge into the goodreads page. It seems there are some mixed feeling but all in all a lot of people like this book.

The layout of this book is brilliant. It tells the story, it had flashbacks and it even had little scrapbook sections and playlist note pages - it's very relatable.

The story itself was nothing I had ever read before and definitely something I'll be looking into. My main focus in books are dystopians or fantasy, sci-fi etc but this book was a nice change from all the dramatic action.

I loved the background story about how Amy felt about hr fathers death and the flashbacks she got on her journey. As her mother had recently moved it was understandable for her to feel that way.

Roger was a brilliant character and I loved that although he wanted to speak to his ex-girlfriend he was developing feelings for Amy along the journey and, although it was predictable, it was a cute ending to see them kiss at the end.

Amy's brother, Charlie, was also a little interesting. In the beginning it painted him out to be a troubled teenager into drugs and "bad" things but when you meet him in the book he is completely different to that.

As predictable as the ending was the adventure and the entire road trip they went on was an enjoyable read and experience. I now want to go on my own road trip!

I'd definitely recommend this book but it only gets 3 stars from me.

Have you read it? Let me know in the comments!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig