Monday 5 January 2015

Under Inspection | Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter


I don't think I have written about a lip product on my blog in a long time. Which for me is strange and I am always going into boots for mascara and coming out with extra lippies too. Plus I'm coveting a few Charlotte Tilbury and YSL ones! (Birthday present anyone?).

So I decided to add a few more in. I like to mix it up and give things a whirl sometimes.

My lips are moisture suckers and honestly I don't think I am ever going to find a lip product that doesn't become cracked and dry within an hour or two of being applied and Revlon lip butters are no exception. While they make my lips softer, they don't lock in the moisture I need to keep it there day in and day out. Which is very disheartening.

My local store doesn't carry a lot of colours and so I am left with the browns, which just don't suit me, the pinks, which make me a little young in the face and the bolds, which I just can't bring myself to wear everyday! However, if I find an everyday shade I will be lapping it up!

I own two of these lipsticks and apart from my own mishaps with them these little things are a thing of beauty. They are easy to apply and are so pigmented you only need one coat, which is brilliant because I find after more than one it can become a little bit sticky - but that might just be me!



Sweet Tart is my most worn colour out of the two that I have and I do wear it a lot but again as you can see the formula got a little sticky when I tried to get the colour to come out on my hand. Luckily on my lips it does not have this problem!




Lollipop I reserve for special occasions or days that warrant a pop of colour.

These lipsticks make a great addition to my make up collection but I do find myself having to persuade myself to use them a little more and more these days. With so much choice it can be hard to try everything.

Have you tried these lipsticks? Let me know your thoughts!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig