Thursday 29 January 2015

Book Review | Girl Online by Zoe Sugg


Okay, I know I am far behind with a review for this book but I read so many books and write things up in advance I don't even know when I finished it! However, in my defence I did pre-order it and it was delivered two days late. 

It was one of the most anticipated releases of 2014 so lets find out my thoughts about it yes?

I'm going to be brutally honest with you guys, and I know a lot of you Zoella fans are going to disagree with what I have to say and thats okay but I have to be honest right? It took me so long to get into this book it hurt. I tried to read the blurb but the colour choices, although working in perfect sync on the front cover, hurt my eyes on the back. There was just too much going on for my sensitive eyes that I had to read the blurb online to find out what it said! Not a great start but I didn't let that out me off.

I started reading it at seven and by 9:15 I was only on Chapter 5! For someone who can read a 300 page book in three and a half hours this was painfully long and boring. I honestly didn't know whether it was me or the book, but I persevered with it after one of my friends (who had already finished it) said it got better as the book got on - no judging the book by the first few pages right?

Giving credit where credit is due is something I believe should be done more often. Sure this book started off boring and long but honestly it got better. So much better that I started reading entire chapters in minutes. Plus reading about all the little mishaps of Penny made me realise just how normal my school life was for me. Lots of embarrassing moments there for me too! Plus who wouldn't want to jet off on an all expenses paid mini holiday!

I loved the original introduction of Noah - it was so classy. I am also incredibly happy he wasn't introduced as soon as possible, predictability needs to be low for me to actually enjoy a book and this book did alright. 

By chapter 22 I started to get into the story a little more and couldn't wait to finish the rest of the story. Chapter 38 got me extremely excited but the book ended far too quickly. 

As much as there a good points there are also bad points - well for my 22 year old self there is. You can tell this book has been written for a younger audience than myself, which isn't bad at all, but it makes the sentences a little short and stoppy. That probably makes so sense whatsoever but I hope you all get what I mean. If you can read this and remember it's for a younger audience then you'll get on with this book like a house on fire as the story itself is a good one. I guess as Zoe was closer to my age I thought the booked wouldn't have been aimed at ages too much younger than me but for what it is, I think it's something all teenagers will love.


Image from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/11255396/zoella-girl-online-book-review.html

Have you read this book? Make sure you let me know your thoughts in the comments!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Made By pipdig